Locations: 1113 West Poplar Street, Rogers, AR 72756
Mission statement: Promote proper hydration and prevent heat illness through education and supporting activities.
About: The organization started in 1996 after 13-year-old Kendrick Fincher died from heat stroke. We educate parents, athletes, coaches and the community through educational programs in Northwest Arkansas and through partnerships across the state.
Education and Supporting Activities
- Be Smart. BeeHydrated! - Presentations to school aged children on the importance of proper hydration
- Beat the Heat - Presentations to athletes, coaches and parents on proper hydration and heat illness prevention
- Distribution of squeeze bottles and educational pamphlets to support our educational presentations
- Representation at health fairs to educate the public about our mission and activities
- Community involvement in support of our mission by providing cool huts misting tents with free ice water at various outdoor public events.
- Annual free youth run in Rogers, AR, to reinforce our mission and help children and the community learn about the importance of proper hydration and physical fitness in a fun environment.
- Partnerships with other sports injury prevention and wellness organizations
- Web presence that allows for regional and national reach
- Developing education programs for all ages including senior adults and industrial workforce
How we accomplish our mission (funding)
- Individual Donors
- Corporate Partnerships
- Hydration Celebration- Youth Run, Toddler Trot & 5K; T-shirt design contest
- Beat the Heat Summer Swing Golf Tournament
- A Cool Summer Homecoming Gala
Volunteer opportunities: Sign up at: http://kendrickfincher.org/volunteer/