KLRC Media Player

Launch Player

Now Playing:

ON THE AIR Family Life Today with Dave & Ann Wilson

Prayer Center

Jun

Need a Job

I have been waiting patiently on God to answer my prayers, but He hasn't done so as of yet, and I'm done. Back in 2010, I was working in law enforcement and my wife left me for another man. I went into a severe deep depression where I attempted suicide. A few months later I was terminated from my job because a dispatcher there said I sexually harassed her, though there was no evidence. I asked if I could be transferred to a different shift where it was busier and it would keep me from dwelling on my wife and her affair. He said I could and the very next day I was called into the office and advised of the harassment complaint. I tried suing for wrongful termination, and when they were served the papers, they pressed charges against me, for stalking the female dispatcher, which was untrue. I couldn't afford to continue fighting them, so I plead guilty to harassment. I have tried so very hard to obtain a job in law enforcement again, because it's the only thing I've ever been good at. I did it for over 12 years and have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, and have received certificates for first line supervisor and field training officer.   I am unemployed now and am in a financial bind. I always prayed before going into a law enforcement interview that God will open the door for me to get that job. The interviews will always go really well, but when asked if I have ever been terminated from a job, I let them know I had and then had to explain why. Then I never hear from them again. Being a cop is all I want to do, but it doesn't look like that isn't going to happen. I always believed that God knows the truth and He will open the doors for it to happen.  I feel like a failure and this is causing issues with depression again. I've stopped going to church and though I want to go back, I feel like a hypocrite because my faith is dwindling and is next to nothing.